The main house of Village Farm was built in 1880 and restored in the 1980's. It consists of three bedrooms, one and a half baths, a large country kitchen, dining room, parlor, family room, office and pantry.
The kitchen has a view of the flower garden lawn, pond, village and ocean beyond. The original 1880's kitchen sink is still in place, and the windows are the original hand-blown glass. The kitchen has Chambers cooktop and ovens. The counters are Villerroy and Bosch tile. The floors of the kitchen and dining room are the original old growth fir floors. The kitchen is large and has a kitchen table for breakfast and informal meals.
The dining room has French doors that open onto the large south facing porch. Part of the dining room has old growth redwood beadboard wainscoting.
The parlor is the formal entry to the home, but that has never been used in modern times. In one corner is a fireplace with a turn of the century cast iron surround and old growth redwood mantle. Above the mantle is an insert for a clock, and the insert can be removed to inspect the chimney. The parlor has been a music room in the past.
To the south, a family room with half bath overlooks the yard and the pond. Beyond the pond, you'll see Mendocino Village and the Pacific Ocean.